Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"Did you know you are gonna be a daddy??"

My Happy New Year's present...found tons of pictures of the boys on our agency's Snapfish account last night!!! Stayed up to 3am just staring at their beautiful faces!! It was pictures I had looked through before, but now that I know their sweet faces, I can pick them out of a group of kids. Our big guy's long face and big, pouty lips (any woman would be jealous!) and the little ones receding hair line and mischievous smile...I can spot 'em anywhere now! I CANNOT wait to share with all who care...They are seriously handsome!!

I fully intend on printing out each and every picture of the boys I can find. If this is all they will have of this part of their lives, I want to make sure to have all the pictures I can get my hands on. I'm going to put together a book with all these pictures so they can look back on their ET friends. And somewhat selfishly, it will be their "baby book" of sorts since this is all we will have of their time before they come home. Ha...my "sonogram" pics are way better than those black and whites!! : )

So, tonight my favorite Jolly girls were hanging out with us...and Emma, who has asked for the boys to be her cousins (how sweet!!), was sitting in my lap looking at their pictures. As each picture would pass, she would point them out and say their name. Then we came to a picture of our little one sitting in the lap of an unknown male subject. Our conversation went a little like this...

"Is that his daddy?"
"No, you know who his daddy is."
"No I don't...who?"
"His daddy is going to be Kenny." This is followed by a complete look of bewilderment..."Do you know who his mommy is going to be?" Bigger eyes and a finger in my chest...
"You??!!"
"That's right...WE are gonna be their mommy and daddy!"
At this point, she flew out of my lap and straight to Kenny...
"Did you know you are gonna be a daddy??" Kenny just smiled and nodded...

This was followed by great excitement from Emma that WE were gonna be the boy's mom and dad, as well as a little "family relationship" lesson, as Emma was unaware that Nicole had a mom, her grandmother had a mom, etc... :) We also proceeded to talk about how every single thing in the house (the bathtub, the bed, their room, etc) would be theirs when they came home and how Emma is going to be a BIG cousin and how she is going to teach them pretty much all they will know (how to slide, how to swim, how to make cookies, how to like pizza...just to name a few). Every few minutes she would look up and remind me or Kenny that we were going to be their mommy or daddy!! This apparently brings her great comfort...I guess in her 3-year-old mind she just thought we were all gonna be one big group of cousins!! Maybe in Alabama...

She also asked me if I thought they would like her when they came home...Of course they will!! How could they not just LOVE you!!


(I can't post pictures of my own, so.......! Emma & Grace helped me make chocolate chip cookies...well, Emma picked out the chocolate chips, while Grace reminded her that daddy says you aren't supposed to eat cookie dough!! Always a stickler for the rules! Sorry Dwayne, I tried to stop her, but she is sneaky!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love those girls :) I'm expecting an email full of pics of Charlie and Sam when you have an available minute :)

Lauren said...

so cute! i loved this post as i just pictured a little girl excitedly running up to you and kenny estatic over the fact that you will be "mommy and daddy." what a sweet moment!

side note, i dont know if you have ever used www.blurb.com but it is AWESOME!! you can create your own picture books there ($37 for up to 80 pages, more if its more than 80 pgs) but it also has a function that will download your blog into book form...I am doing this and making an annual scrapbook of sorts! it pulls in pics and everything although sometimes you have to work onthe formatting...just a suggestion if you are looking to turn your blog into book form of the testimony of the boys...you can also pick and choose which entries to include-okay i will stop now. i am a huge blurb fan, if you cant tell!!! call me if you want more info on it!

love yall and praying for yall and the boys!