Today I ventured to the state capitol of Kentucky to visit the Secretary of State's office and get our dossier authenticated. Fortunately, I was accompanied by good friend Nicole (Thanks for giving up your Thursday!), because finding the Secretary of State's office isn't quite as easy as it sounds!! Who would have known this office would actually be in the State Capitol building?!? After following some faulty MapQuest directions and giving ourselves an impromptu tour of Frankfort, we marched ourselves up the million stairs of the Capitol building and straight into the front doors. Once inside, we signed in, were given small green circle stickers (very official!), walked through a metal detector (minus our purses...because if I was packing heat, I wouldn't have put it in my purse!), and sent on our way with vague directions down the hall. We walked straight past the governor and lieutenant governor's open office doors and actually past the lieutenant governor, Dan Mongiardo, himself, enjoying a cup of coffee in the hallway! Only in Kentucky would security be so lax that we could have probably sat down in the governor's office with no questions asked!! So, forms were authenticated with no problem and we headed on our way, making sure to retain our "official" green stickers so we would be allowed to exit! We grabbed lunch and hit up the Chocolate Cafe' on our way home, where I was persuaded by the chocolate shop man to indulge in my very first ever Kentucky bourbon ball. Don't worry...since I was driving, I only had one!
"Dozer's" next stop: A trip to our adoption agency to be checked before heading to Washington, DC for federal authentication!! (Don't forget to vote!!)
3 comments:
Always good to take a friend! Glad you got your bourbon...you probably needed it after looking for the capital building :) Congratulations!!!!!
Hey Jana! I saw the link to your blog on facebook. Congratulations on the adoption. I can't wait to read more of your blog!!
-Jaime (Hayes) Thornburg
Hey Jana! I found your blog through Jaime's! WOW, you have a lot going on right now! How exciting. Congratulations!
-Ashley (Noyes) Slaten
Post a Comment