Thursday, September 25, 2008

I'm sorry, but we have to break up.

Here we are 4 months and 1 week into this little adventure we have going on...and we are making pretty major changes!! Due to some changes and uncertainty at our previous agency, we have decided to change our adoption agency. The last several days have been a roller coaster as I made phone calls, talked to this person and that person, received advice and much prayer support (Thanks...you know who you are!)...I knew as soon as I got off the phone yesterday, that God had a new direction for us...

The new agency that will hopefully take us under their wing is located in Louisville, which makes me very happy! (I have little faith in our United States Postal Service--Sorry, hope I don't offend anyone; It's not personal!--which consequently causes me much stress when I must mail documents miles away, that have cost me many hours and dollars to obtain!) We are also hoping (praying, fingers crossed, etc), that things may go a little faster than we had originally thought with the new agency...we'll see how things pan out! Although this has been frustrating, somewhat time consuming, and confusing, I have NO DOUBT in my mind that God orchestrated this change and it was part of His plan from day 1! We may never really know why, but I know that the path God sends us down is sovereign and well-thought-out. And if I've learned nothing else here lately, I have learned that there is always a reason for waiting; always a reason for a change.

And a pleasant discovery as we looked into this change...we have REALLY gotten a lot done in the last 4 months!! Our homestudy is complete, we have filed with USCIS and simply await approval, and our dossier is complete and only lacks federal authentication before it can be sent to Ethiopia to be translated into Amharic! Our prayer now is that our dossier won't need much added to it or changed to be ready for this new agency. Application for the new agency will go out in tomorrow's mail...I'm pumped!

I'm sorry, but we have to break up. It's not you; it's me. I've found someone else...

No comments: