Most of the blog (as well as life itself), has been consumed by topics related to adoption, adoption and--oh yeah, adoption! So, just a general update on life itself. We really aren't that exciting, but here's what's going on...
When we moved to Kentucky in August 2005, we thought we would be here 3 or 4 years while Kenny finished his MDiv at Southern...........Fast forward 3 years and a couple of months: We are both working full-time and Kenny is taking a sabbatical of sorts from school right now. He is about a third of the way done with his degree and the plans are definitely for him to finish, just at a much slower pace than we originally anticipated. Which is totally fine with us, because we have fallen in love with Kentucky, our church, our friends and really feel like we are exactly where God has called us to at this point in our lives, much to the dismay of Alabama and soon-to-be grandparents! :)
On other fronts, Kenny is also working on his skills as a craftsman...he and my dad built a stellar island for the kitchen earlier in the summer and it looks great! (Happy Birthday to me!) His latest project is a workbench for downstairs. Finally putting that saw I bought him to good use! And as to Kenny's where-abouts lately, he was able to head to Alabama a couple of weeks ago for the Alabama vs. Western KY game (boy's weekend!) and he got to go to the Ryder Cup which was hosted here in Louisville last week.
And you guys know what I'm up to...if I'm not at work, I'm working on adoption stuff. Our Wednesday night stuff is in full swing and we have about 6 weeks of AWANA's under our belts. We have had great numbers and lots of visitors in our first couple of weeks and I think the kids are having a blast which is really the main thing. On Monday nights the ladies are doing a Bible Study and we are going through a book called Created to be His Help Meet. It's been a great book so far, despite the fact that I think the author is a little...quirky (oh well, I am too!)...but what she has to say is totally based on scripture, so it's been challenging to see how I need to change to be Kenny's "help meet".
And my new secret desire (one of them...the other is to learn how to play the drums!) is to make our yard look pretty...like with flowers and stuff. Yeah, I know, it's not exactly the right time of the year, but I have big plans in my head...(that could be dangerous)! Maybe spring will afford me more time to work on that! My biggest dilemma is my own ignorance and lack of green thumb...don't tell anyone, but I kill things that were once pretty, living and growing! Let's hope that "killing things" issue is only confined to plants.......
And a side note, sorry for the lack of pictures lately. I like to illustrate as I blog. But here lately, when I try to transfer pictures from the camera to the computer, it shuts the laptop off and tells me I've committed a fatal error! Hmmm...my camera is trying to kill my laptop... Further investigation is needed before formal charges will be filed, but a new camera may be in our future.
So, this is what we do...
(Oh, yeah...I forgot to mention that it is imperative that we watch at least 24 hours of football each Saturday, no matter what else is going on. Which leaves little time for...well, anything else! Needless to say, I'll be more than fine when football season is over again!!)
1 comment:
Yay for a Cook family update! :) I'll return to blogging world soon, I promise...God is faithful! :)
Post a Comment