Summit had their fundraising breakfast for the “Cook Adoption Fund” on Friday morning…and had more than spectacular results! After several anonymous donors made commitments to match the amount raised up to X amount of dollars and a sweet soul even sold tickets to a Cincinnati Reds baseball game and donated the profits and many, many full tummies later, the final amount came to a whopping total of over $1500!!!! And no, I didn’t add too many zeros to that number! W-O-W!! I have to remind you…these crazy folks donated ALL the food, gave of their OWN time, did ALL the work and then managed to raise an astronomical amount of money off of doughnuts and breakfast casseroles! I’m told there was even a waffle station…move over Cracker Barrel!! Summit Energy will give you a run for your money!

A couple of pictures of the masses enjoying the mounds of food…maybe I should have cancelled my 9:00 am appointment and joined the crowd!!
Words really cannot express how much we appreciate the generosity of the people of Summit. We know that God has placed each of you in our lives at this time for a reason and can’t help but thank Him for providing for our needs as we strive for our ultimate goal of bringing home our child from Ethiopia! I love how God confirms our decisions, making us know without a doubt that we are walking in His will! We will definitely make sure this little one knows how much his or her Summit family loves them!
Thanks, Summit Energy…You ROCK! A whole lot!!
I tried to talk Kenny into writing this, since he was actually there, but with no success! He said I do better…I guess we should give the people what they want! : )
1 comment:
WOW! That is AMAZING!!! Congratulations :) Can't wait to see how God provides for your sweet little one!
Post a Comment