But I was busy last week hanging out with 115 3rd-6th graders at Kid's Camp--WooHoo! It's really not as bad as it sounds and was a welcome break from the daily grind of paperwork and home visits that normally consume my day. Equipped with a "sting ease bee pen" (we had lots of bee stings last year...) and my hat (to battle the rain), we spent 3 days at Cedarmore Camp in Bagdad, Kentucky. Muddy lake water, the blob, zip line, camp food, relay games (in the rain), scraped knees, bee stings, smores, worship time, small groups, pillow fights, stinky camp rooms, sleeping bags, bunk beds, sharing a bathroom with 6 other people...camp as camp is supposed to be!
Moments before our "controlled" pillow fight...they were super excited about this!
Several of our girls (including some from Spencer County)...I know this may surprise you, but their room was the cleanest camp room there, hence the #1 they are all holding up! I was really amazed...it didn't even smell bad!!
I have a lovely picture of a couple of us after the rain, but I'm gonna spare you the vision of grown women soaked to the bone...trust me, it's not pretty!
And I am seriously considering never, ever leaving Kenny alone overnight again. He is a big boy and can take care of hiself, but the last two time I have left for a couple of days, we have had major house issues. This time, the hot water heater went out. I CANNOT tolerate cold showers!! In April, I went to Birmingham for a couple of days and the basement flooded! So, I may get Kenny a babysitter (or a handyman!) next time I have to go out of town without him!! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment