Thursday, August 21, 2008

I am "nongruntled"!

So, Baby Cook got his/her/their...so many unknowns!...first toy today! Nicole and I went to a huge consignment sale today (always gotta be scoping things out for the church nursery...and we scored big, by the way!) and Baby Cook got a brand new Leap Frog toy! ABC's for the fridge...hadn't even been opened yet! That was my first consignment sale, but I think I may be hooked! : )

Tuesday made my frustrating day on Monday all better...On Tuesday, we had to be fingerprinted (again!) for FBI clearance and when the officer discovered that we were adopting (why else would I just randomly want to be fingerprinted?) and that I worked for First Steps (she had a son in First Steps and loved our program!), she didn't charge us! It's the little things that make me happy! From there I headed off to the post office to mail our info to the FBI and I was pleasantly surprised to have the help of a super-duper postal worker. You gotta admit...postal workers have a reputation for being disgruntled! Don't mean to generalize, but it was a nice to have someone that talked me through all my mailing options and helped me choose what would work best...a "nongruntled" postal worker, if you will! Who knew the USPS could be so helpful?!?

I'm looking forward to the weekend and sleeping past 5:30 am (I require too much sleep to get up that early)! We are having Combined Worship on Sunday night, which always makes me happy! Our last Combined Worship was the turning point for us with our adoption decision, so I feel like this weekend is a milestone of sorts. We've been working on this for about 3 months and despite dealing with a few frustrating people, we have had no major setbacks and things have gone relatively smoothly.

Let's pray for another smooth 3 months!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jana, Kenny,
You might want to continue getting up early - things are about to change. No more sleeping late! (You might want to check your TV channels to see what is on early in the mornings or stock up on DVD's you want to watch). You are about to engage in the ride of your life.