Monday, August 18, 2008

Confessions

For the first time since we started this process, I feel overwhelmed. Emotionally, physically, mentally...I may actually drown in all the paperwork and rules and regulations! I've spent the better part of today on the phone with various government agencies or emailing with our adoption agency trying to tie up the details of our dossier. And I may be more confused now, than when I started this morning. I'm really being a tad bit dramatic...it's not that much paperwork...it's just all the stuff that you have to do to the paperwork! And I have this totally rational (or possible irrational) fear that I'm going to do something wrong, resulting in a major setback. What if something is dated wrong? What is they can't read my handwriting? (If you know me and my doctor-esque handwriting, this is a rational fear!) What if we just plain do stuff wrong?

Please do not take this as complaining...I'm venting (take a deep breath!) and being transparent...and documenting the process! :) At this point, there is nothing in the world I would rather be doing more...short of taking a trip to Ethiopia, and in that case I can leave first thing in the morning! But most importantly, I'm asking for your prayers...

**patience, guidance, wisdom...patience...patience...patience...
**FBI clearance to come back in timely manner...like next week would be great!!
**Safe trip to Frankfort (KY state capitol) to get dossier authenticated
**Did I mention patience? Oh, and don't forget to pray for patience!

And something that I often forget, as I get wrapped up in the actual process...nothing makes this seem more real, than when I just stop and take time to pray for our actual child (or children!). Pray for their birthfamily. Pray for the health of their birthmother. Pray for the decision they may have to be making right now to place their child in the hands of someone else. Pray for those that are taking care of our child right now.

On a positive note, I did get the majority of our dossier notarized tonight by super-duper notary Adina!! (In "Adoption Land", she is considered a super hero!) We are totally blessed to have a church member and friend right down the road to notarize all this paperwork.

Just looking for a light at the end of this tunnel...


Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! ...Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4, 6-7

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

2 Timothy 1:7

I love you both and i am praying for yall and my neices and/or nephews in Etheophia!

Love,
Ur littliest sister

Anonymous said...

You made me cry!!! Dad and I are praying for you and Kenny and "our precious little one(s)" ... and for patience. We love you!! Mom Hill

Lauren said...

I am praying for you!!! It sounds like you are handling all of this like a champ! All the ins and outs can be so frusterating but just think of the little bundle of joy that is waiting on you in the end!

...if you want my opinion there are two important questions the government should ask- 1. If you love Jesus and will raise the child in a Christ-centered house. 2. Will you train up your child as an Alabama fan
...yall have those two well covered!! blessings!