I’ve now retracted the thoughts that we live up North since seeing a neighbor sitting on his couch. On his front porch. Seeing kids drive their tractors to school. And seeing more than one person at a time in the grocery store wearing mullets and moo-moos. That kind of stuff can only happen in the South.
But at any rate, Kentucky still sees far more snow than Alabama even dares to think about. And I love the snow. Don’t really know what to do when it comes. But I love it.
At the first mention of snow and the very moment I lay eyes on that first flake of the season, I send a text to Katie to let her know. She has always been terribly jealous that we get a little snow and they don’t.
So, what did I do last night when we ended up with an unexpected 2 inches of snow? I picked up my phone to send a text........
Instead, here’s a giant text to the world.
We had snow today, Katie. But I’m guessing you saw it before me this time.
I miss you.
(Picture taken several years ago on a family trip to KY that Katie missed out on. And she missed a whole bunch of snow!)-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The boys enjoyed our unexpected Thanksgiving snow! It was good packing snow, but we still really need to work on our snowman technique. We don't quite understand that a snowman is made from big snowballs. We've just been sticking with the mounding technique...
No comments:
Post a Comment