Friday, November 12, 2010

Don't be a dummy.

Who ever told you nothing in life is free, didn't check the sale papers.

On one of my most recent trips to Kroger I spent $78. But I saved $112. I'll save you doing the math and let you know that was a savings of 59%. Yeah. A lot.

I got a huge bottle of Olay body wash that was normally almost $7 and some Secret deodorant for FREE. I paid $3.99 for an 8-pack of Bounty paper towels that was normally $10.99. I got Swanson chicken broth for 29 cents can. Campbell's Chunky Soup for 74 cents a can. Hormel Chili for 49 cents a can. Betty Crocker fruit snack for 99 cents a box. A $14 Stouffer's party-size lasagna for $5. And many more great deals that I can't remember because I threw away my receipt. Though I was tempted to frame it.

Now. I don't consider myself cheap at all. Even though I only pay full price for an item as a last resort. I just consider the rest of you dummies for paying full price.

I know I've mention using The Grocery Game before, which is how I obtain my groceries at such great prices. But I have a new obsession. Mama Cheaps: where frugality meets family. I haven't gotten to fully explore the site yet, but I can already tell it's going to be one of my favorites! For instance, free products from Vistaprint. Yeah, for serious!

And she already has the Target Black Friday ad listed! Talk about being on top of the sales! I've never ventured out for the 4 am shopping on Black Friday, but I'm thinking that if I can talk someone into going with me (any volunteers?), I may just try it out. After all, it does fit my shopping MO of searching for great deals. I haven't decided if I'm ready to fight off the crazies to save some money. But I'll do most anything to save some money...

And while I'm mentioning getting great deals, head on over to Shutterfly and check out their super cute Christmas cards. I LOVE being on the receiving end of Christmas Cards...especially ones that have the smiling faces of my family and friends!! (Hint, hint.) Most of their stuff is on sale right now, including free shipping if you spend $30 or more. If you're a fellow blogger, they are offering 50 free (yep, said FREE!) Christmas cards just for blogging about their services. Go check it out!

So, don't be a dummy. Do your research and I promise you can really get by without ever paying full-price again.

And check your mailbox. You might just get a Christmas Card this year...

2 comments:

ARMSTRONG ADVENTURES said...

So excited I am not the only crazy couponer! :) This week I got a big thing of Oxy clean (goodness nows I need that stuff), a toothbrush, and 2 boxes of girlie stuff for under $4.00!!!! Go me. And I am impressed with your bill, sister!

Check the 2 money saving links on my blogroll

Becoming a family of 4 said...

Ok You guys need to have a teaching session on how to use the Grovery Game. I have tried it before and never saved. It seems the coupons are for items that I never usually buy, so I can't bring myself to get them just because it's a good deal. I must be doing something wrong! Oh and I do shop on Black Friday at very select few stores. I would be a willing participant.