Monday, March 01, 2010

How many days?

2 days until Cubbies on Wednesday night at church.

8 days until we get to go back to the library.

10 days until our super combined birthday.

35 days until "roller coaster" (aka: trip to Gatlinburg, where a ride on a roller coaster has been promised).

168 days until we start school.

299 days until Santa comes again.


If I had to guess, Charlie was probably one of those babies that HAD to be kept on a strict schedule, and straying from that schedule just screwed his whole day up. And probably the day of anyone who happen to be around him.

Now, as a 6, almost 7-year-old, routine is very important to him. If I stray off of our routine at all, he quickly lets me know about it. He also wants to know what is going to happen each day, what we will be eating (probably his #1 concern!), where everyone he has ever met is that day...and how many days until significant (or not so significant) events occur. I really don't think I would be overestimating to say that I hear the question, "How many days?" at least 47 times each day. And the above list are the most questioned events, with our upcoming birthday being the most important. And don't even attempt to give him a quick answer or just an estimate of the days...he will totally call you out on it. He is serious about this and wants the exact number of days until said event.

So, just for your FYI, Charlie...tomorrow, we will be at home, cleaning house and playing Candy Land; we will partake of pancakes, peanut butter & jelly and spaghetti; Daddy will be at work, Grace will be at school, Gran is in Alabama; and please consult the above list for a current timeline of the year's events. And thanks for keeping me on my toes!!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

i sure do like a man with a plan!!!

The Rogers Family said...

so cute. i have a four year old that will no doubt be asking the same "how many days" questions in a few years when he is able to comprehend days and time.

David and Katie Kizziah said...

I love it! Once again, thanks for sharing with us so that we can enjoy your boys too :) Precious!