I'm raising a super organized neat freak.
Not that I at all have a problem with this, but I think it's quite entertaining that a 6-year-old be so organized. I promise I'm not forcing my ways on Charlie, but this is just proof that environment shapes a child.
He can't stand to have the play room disorganized and insists on Sam cleaning up things he has played with...sometimes while he is still trying to play. He has all his art materials organized just the way he likes in his desk drawers and don't attempt to get anything...he will get it for you, so that you don't mess up what he has going on. He makes his bed each morning, most of the time without being asked. And we are working on getting a new shelf in the play room that Papa and Daddy built...I'm pretty sure that Charlie may be as excited as I am about the organizational possibilities a giant empty shelf holds!!
And my favorite...Charlie's new job while shopping, since he has sadly outgrown riding in the fun little car in the front of the cart, is to take the identified item from the shelf and place in shopping cart. Or buggy, as we call it in Alabama. (This means that I have to let go of my incessant need to organize the cart the way I feel it needs to be done and just accept that he will just haphazardly toss it in. I can do this. It will be fine...) So, today as Charlie is fully embracing his new role, I notice he is taking quite a long time to find a place for the box of granola bars he has just taken from the shelf. After further inspection, I discover he has created his own little system and totally has the cart organized in a Mommy-approved fashion! All boxes in one corner, cans in another, etc, etc...
I've got a couple of college professors that would flip right now since I'm killing their nature vs nurture arguments. He doesn't have my genes, but he sure has organized jeans! (I know. That was a bad joke...)
1 comment:
I would love to take him shopping with me. Great description - I could see it all taking place in my mind. What a great kids you have, my friend!
Post a Comment