Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Bathing Beauties

These two would probably stay in the bathtub all night if the water would stay warm...and if mom didn't insist that they eventually don their jammies and go to bed. This particular night I think they were in there almost an hour before they declared it too cold and emerged from the soapy lagoon as wrinkled raisins.


We've also developed an underwater classroom of sorts, where Charlie takes the foam letters and numbers, sticks them to the wall and repeatedly asks Sam to identify it. I think he is copying me, since I have recently started to try and teach Sam to recognize the letters. But I don't think I'm this demanding. It goes a little like this...

Charlie: "What is this?"
Sam: "Ummmmmmmm....E!!!"
Charlie: "No....What is this?"
Sam: "Ummmmmmmm....E!!!"
Charlie: "No....What is this?"
Sam: "Ummmmmmmm....E!!!"
Charlie: "NO!" (He isn't the most patient of teachers...)

Well, you get the point...apparently the only letter we know is "E", except when "E" is shown, then it's probably likely to be labeled a "P", which is our second favorite letter. We do know the letter "A", but it is sometimes confused with a triangle...