Monday, May 25, 2009

Let me know if you want a 6 AM wake-up call!

I wish I had more to tell you, but I really don't. Trust me. The no news thing does nothing for the adoption induced anxiety. (Should I be medicated??) It's even leaking into my dreams. I had a dream they called and told us to come pick up the boys. I woke with my cell phone in my hand. Guess I was just gonna call and let some people know the good news! At 6 am. On a holiday-sleeping-late-kind-of-morning. Probably would have lost some friends over that one.

Several of you have asked how you can specifically pray. You ask, and you shall receive...

1. Wisdom. Some reports have led us to believe the boys (especially Charlie) may be older than first thought. This changes NOTHING for us, because they are still our boys. BUT...what it does do, is throw us into parenting a possible elementary-aged kid, when our minds are prepared for a 5 year old (We are just skipping that whole dirty diaper/spit-up stage). Our biggest hurdle is school. And if he is of school age, what to do and when? Please just pray that God gives us wisdom to give the boys what they need (educationally speaking) and at the right time.

2. Patience and persistence. Without boring you with lots of details about new rules and regulations from the government funded organization that I work for, let me just tell you that if I had some idea of what was going to happen with the boys by (or before) July 1st, it would make many, many people's jobs much easier. In case you didn't know, I'm planning on a career change to Mommy, CEO when the boys come home. And my current full time position is going through major changes...In a nutshell, it would be awfully nice if a transition could be made by July 1st. (Could someone please write a transition goal into my IFSP?? Ha...I crack myself up!) But I need patience because (unfortunately) I'm WAY over the current job and just ready to be at home with my boys. Yes, my supervisor knows this.

3. Remedy of conflict. The current situation in Ethiopia is a very real problem and is cause for very real delays for MANY families, not just us. Conflicting information is flying around, left and right, from this blog to another Internet group, between agencies and their families, etc, etc. All I know, is that many kids are just hanging out in Ethiopia while the courts continue to suspend abandonment cases while they complete their investigation. I know it's for the good of both current and future adoptions in Ethiopia. Please just pray for ALL the kids affected, the families affected, the judges and the court systems, the other officials that are conducting the investigations, and the adoption agencies/orphanages and their staff. Pray the ban is lifting SOON! This week would be great.

You guys have blown me away with the prayers...from East Asia to Mississippi...Keep it up!

No comments: