Friday, May 15, 2009

Not my way, but His.

In case there's anyone out there keeping up, we are coming dangerously close to the one-year mark of our decision to begin the process of adopting Charlie & Sam. If I remember correctly...and I know my memory of THIS doesn't fail me...Kenny & I had just rolled back into Louisville from a week at the beach. We came straight to church for Combined Worship Service and were pumped about spending time with our church family.

Kenny wanders up to me and says, "I signed us up to get some info about International Adoption." ..........Well, that wasn't on my current radar...read as: We have talked about this and know we want to do this, but now let's REALLY talk about it.

Next comes Tera, adoption extraordinaire..."Your husband just put y'alls name down to get some information about adoption", said with a knowing smile. How knowing...

May 18, 2008. The focus for the service was Highview's Adoption Ministry. A prompt from God via a video and my mind was made up...

An email from a friend who reminded me that I knew "it was time to start a family" and encouraged me that we had the love needed for any child that God placed in our home, whether biological or adopted.

We tried for 3 years to start a family Kenny & Jana's way. All it took was one day a year ago for God to get enough of our attention for us to realize it was time to start a family His way.

Prayers here. Brothers in an orphanage there. A decision was made in Kentucky. Charlie & Sam were waiting for a family in Ethiopia.

Not plan B, just simply God's plan. Not my way, but His. I can't imagine another way...

Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare. Psalm 40:5

I'm glad God always gets His way!

1 comment:

The Murphy's said...

Jana..what a sweet story.I've been following your blog and am very excited about this process for you all!! I can't imagine how you feel but just seeing your faith and trust in God is amazing!