Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Put in my place...by God & a 3-year old

So, God has put me in my place once again. We have some of our best talks while I'm mowing the yard--which I did Monday. I know the neighbors are wondering why I get so emotional when I cut the grass. On the plus side, though...I have a renewed sense of peace, a better outlook and know that this whole mess in Ethiopia is totally in God's hands (not to mention, the yard looks way better). I knew this already, but sometimes I just need a good smackin' around to be reminded. He knows when will be the most perfect time to add Charlie & Sam to our family. And it won't be a second before He is ready. Obviously.

And God's always gonna put people, no matter their size or age, in your path to keep you grounded...The Jolly girls hung out with us some last week and had big plans to spend the night--plans that dissolved as soon as their sweet little heads hit the pillow. But none the less, as we discussed where they would sleep and I told Emma they could sleep in the boy's room, she looked at me matter-of-factly and stated, "You know Charlie & Sam aren't here, right?" Yeah, Em--I do. I have to smile at her... :)

...along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16

No comments: