No adoption updates, so here's a few random facts/information about current life at the Cook house...
Kenny has continued to work on our partially finished basement. The plan is to have the new play room/family room/office done by the time the boys come home. Seeing as their arrival is somewhat indefinite, we plan on finishing ASAP.
This weekend I had my first experience, albeit brief, playing in Elk Creek with the Jolly girls! Definitely will be doing that again when the boys come home...or before!
I (and my lovely Mother-in-law) planted flowers in our side flower bed on Easter weekend. This weekend, I did my best to further their continued survival by using the coolest tool in the world, a Garden Weasel, and adding mulch and some Seven Dust. Oh yeah, I watered them, too. I have very sore hamstrings as a result. (Don't worry, Lisa...they are looking...okay. We are having some bug/rabbit issues.)
We have had roofing materials sitting in our driveway since sometime last week. Kinda wishing that the roofing company would now follow up that shipment with someone to put those shingles ON the roof instead of IN the driveway. (Thank you storm damage and Allstate for the new roof!)
Kenny brought home a copy of Dr. Moore's new book Adopted for Life last week and I'm really looking forward to reading it...and finishing the 17 other books I've started and haven't quite finished yet. So unlike me to start tasks and not finish...I think I have reading-induced ADD.
Saw a camel walking down Main Street in Taylorsville this weekend. I would rather leave you wondering why there was a camel in Spencer County, but there was a parade for "Carnival for a Cure" to raise money for juvenile diabetes. Also saw a hairy backed clown scooping poop. Camel? Interesting. Clown? Little disturbing.
I'm loving my new obsession...The Grocery Game. And coupons! I have to admit...I thought the Grocery Game was far to confusing for even the college educated among us to understand, but turns out, it just matches up the sales at the store with the coupons from the Sunday paper! Easy enough! Now we are saving almost 50% in groceries each week!
Today I came home to what ended up being the phone line laying in our front yard. Little scary...thought it was a live power line! Fortunately, doesn't really matter to us since we don't have a home phone. And fortunately I wasn't home when our semi-sane neighbor decided to visit and bombard Kenny with questions about why she no longer had a functional phone.
Got a new laptop the other day (old one died...sorta...) and loving finding fun, new things it does that I didn't know about. Did you know that most laptops have a photo card reader?? Super cool!
And to wrap up, this fellow adopting family is leaving Wednesday to go pick up their little boys. And they will probably get to see Charlie & Sam...extremely jealous? Yes. Little envious? You bet. Wishing it was us? Absolutely. Overjoyed that some more kiddos will be united with their forever families? Yeppers!
2 comments:
I helped roof a house recently...for a day. I mean, I layed shingles and everything...I can come up if you want. haha. ;)
Hate there's no word on the boys, but I did enjoy the randomness.
Hey, send some pics of the finished basement and new roof!
Post a Comment