Our baby sister has moved.
At least, that's what Sam told me.
I haven't intended to be vague about our latest adoption adventure, it's just that there's been nothing to share. Not vague. Just no news. And the old "no news is good news" doesn't apply here.
We submitted a pre-application finally in March, but were quickly told we would have to wait until June to submit a formal application for Korea because, as I explained earlier, they are continuing to slow referrals from Korea to almost a creeping halt. As we prayed through this situation, we felt that it just wasn't God's perfect timing and tried to be content to wait. Although, through my "contentment", I must admit, I had already been exploring other options. The closer we got to June, the more I felt like things just weren't going to be swinging in our favor and I was correct as I read an email from the Korea coordinator saying that they still couldn't accept new applications.
Call me impatient, but we made the decision to adopt again last August. It is now June, almost a year later. It was time to move on.
Fortunately, Kenny felt the same way. I immediatly felt at peace about our decision to move on. God's timing is perfect and He doesn't need me rushing him. But when He's moving, I need to jump on board so I don't miss what He has in store for us.
So paperwork has been signed, sealed and delivered to start the process through Lifeline's China program. The projected timeframe is 12 to 15 months.
And even though we don't know this little girl, have seen no pictures, have no ideas about her personality or what she may look like, Sam has already claimed her as his. I was holding the foster son of a friend the other day, when Sam walked up and said, "What is that??"
"It's a baby. Don't you think we need one?"
And with complete sincerity and utter disbelief that I would even ask such a question, he responded, "Mommy! I already have a baby sister!"
Well, of course you do.
She just moved to China.
No comments:
Post a Comment