Thursday, January 26, 2012

It's still happening.

So I know that back in November we sprung the news that we were adopting again and then haven't said much about it since...

Rest assured.  It's still happening.

Just be patient, ok?  If I can be patient, you should be able to as well....

Ok, so maybe I'm only outwardly patient.  But my insides are most definitely not being patient!  But let's not talk about my insides...

I had a long conversation last week with the Korean coordinator at our future (hopefully) adoption agency.  The long and short of it...as I've explain before, the South Korean government is decreasing international adoptions, hoping to cease totally by 2016.  There are thousands and thousands of children waiting to be adopted.  Yes, in SK and all over the world.  And frankly it makes me sick to think that there are children that may never know the security of a family due to government legalities.  (That statement goes for all countries, even our own.)  Some agencies that work with South Korea are just at a stand still right now as they try to catch up with the few amount of referrals that are coming through.

So that's where we are. 

It's not a lot of news, but at least it's somewhat of an explanation.  We will continue to wait and be patient (argh!), praying specifically for the Lord's timing to bring home our baby girl.

-------------------------------------- 

Check out the Voice of Love website, which is just one initiative that is speaking up for the orphans of South Korea. 

My only prayer is that they are heard.

No comments: