Saturday, November 19, 2011

I started Christmas already.

Well, I've had my first Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake, so the season can officially begin.  I'm not kidding.  They are a must for the Christmas season. 

Plus, we did a little fall clean up this past weekend.  Needed to get rid of those Halloween pumpkins.  And what better way to do that, than with a hammer.  Which was totally cool with the boys, until I informed them that they had to clean up all the pulverized pumpkin pieces.  Then they turned from manly-hammer-toting-pumpkin-smashers to wimpy-I-need-gloves-so-my-hands-don't-get-dirty little girls.  I gave them some gloves, but not without making them stick their hands in it first.  Yes, I'm accepting "Mother of the Year" nominations...



 
Then we needed to rake some leaves.  What looks like child labor to the innocent passerby, is actually playtime.  That pile of leaves didn’t stay piled up for long, trust me.  And it was their idea to rake them anyway.







It’s totally cool for a kid with horrible allergies to play in a pile of crunched-up, dead leaves, right??


1 comment:

amyb said...

We share a deep love for Christmas Tree Cakes! It's the only time all year that I buy Little Debbie. Let the season begin...