Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Sam The Cook

Recently Sam's been in helper mode. He wants to help do anything I'm doing. Which sometimes is absolutely no help at all, but in the spirit of building his little servant heart, I usually indulge his over zealousness. I guess it's not really hurting anything to just dust behind him as he flings his dust rag around the room. We'll work on technique later.

He hasn't really gotten the whole idea of sorting laundry yet. But he's really good at throwing clothes into the washer. And if the vacuum wasn't the same size as him, he'd wipe those floors out in no time. And if I wasn't positively certain he'd have his Thomas the Train bath toys floating in the toilet, I'd unleash him on the bathroom. But the goal here is to clean, not make a bigger mess.

But he really likes to help cook. He's always wanting to smell and see anything that's in the oven or on the stove top. And he likes to sit on his stool while you are cooking and watch. And sometimes touch when Mommy's attention is diverted.

When I have some extra time, I let him help me stir and pour ingredients. He is dying to crack an egg, but I haven't yet let him indulge himself. I'm fairly certain we'd end up with egg on the wall. Or at the very least, shells in our brownies.


The other day we made some cookies for an after dinner treat. But I have to keep a close eye when he is stirring. On more than one occasion, I've turned around to do something else only to hear a giant "Mmmmmmmm, that's good!" come from Sam who has decided to taste test whatever he is helping with.

And this morning he informed me he needed 5 pancakes for breakfast. Five. He was very specific. I only let him have 3, because sometimes his eyes are bigger than his little tummy.


Thanks for being Mommy's little helper. Even though we need to work on your actual working skills...

2 comments:

Lauren said...

my heavens - he's a cutie!

Brenda said...

Next thing you know, he will be on Food Network with his own show!!!