Monday, March 28, 2011

Pre-Wedding Festivities

Ok.

Let’s talk about two things.

One. I am a huge dork. And highly allergic to poison oak. So, what did I do the weekend before I go to Alabama to help host and attend three different showers for BFF Jenn Gilley? I decided to rub poison oak all over my body. Actually I just pulled a vine (a DEAD one!) off the side of the house. Apparently it was poison oak. And I’ve spent the last week with swollen eyes and pretending like I didn’t have a huge red rash covered in calamine lotion all over the side of my face and other various places on my body. So, if you saw me this weekend and wondered why I only talked to you with the left side of my face towards you, it was because I was protecting you from the poison oak. And maybe because I was doped up on Benadryl and I was really just half asleep. Yeah. That’s a good excuse.

And two. Just call me Party Girl. I mean, three parties in three days. Look out. And these were adult parties. Not ADULT parties, just parties free of whining children begging for cake and ice cream and presents.

Friday night was our Lingerie Shower and short of a fairly mild game of Mad Libs that got a little out of control, we behaved ourselves. And we made toilet paper lingerie, which turned out to be quite provocative and terribly revealing. Don’t worry. It was done over clothes. I’m fairly certain the future Mother-in-law turned about 14 shades of red during this game.

The hostesses and THE BRIDE-TO-BE!!

Saturday was our Mexican-themed Tool & Garden Party combined with a rousing round of Dodge the Tornado. Other than the fact that the weather was horrible, I pretty much felt like we recreated an authentic Mexican restaurant complete with a taco bar, chips and salsa on the tables and real sombreros that we went to Mexico to get just for this party. (You believe me, right?) And a piñata! Filled with Reece cups!!

Ready for tacos!!
See?  Sombreros!!  On the future Mr. & Mrs. Brown!

Sunday was Jennifer’s tea and while she racked up, us bridesmaids took a break from hosting and tried every single cake available at the tea. Yes, we are aware we are in a wedding in just a few short weeks, but who can honestly pass up homemade cake??

ALL the Bridesmaids:  Jennifer, Dara, Bride Jennifer, Jana, Emily M & Emily B

Kenny and the boys spent the weekend hanging out with Gran and Papa John who came up to Kentucky for Grandparent’s Day at Charlie’s school. I haven’t heard yet how that went, but I do know that Sam apparently lost a tooth while eating dinner last night and swallowed it. Let’s just say the tooth fairy has a very dirty job ahead of her. And no. I’m not helping her.

I’m enjoying the last minutes of my kid-free weekend as I sip a Diet Coke, eat a tiny bag of airline pretzels and wait on my terribly delayed flight. Don’t be jealous. Really, I’m just ready to get home to play with the boys and do some laundry. Although, it’s been nice to sleep through the night without someone informing me that they wet the bed or having to brush someone else's teeth before I brush my own.

Stayed tuned for the wedding in a few weeks...

1 comment:

Lauren said...

1. you look beautiful.
2. the pictures are so fun!
3. PLEASE do NOT help the toothfairy.