So, I was tagged in a "meme" post by friend Amy from Alabama. She is about to have a little Sam running around her house, too. Except he will be #4 for her. Good luck with that! So, here goes...
What would your dream job be?
Well, it really depends on how old I was when you asked this question. From about 10 to 13 years of age, I was dead set on being a veterinarian. I'm fairly sure I probably went through the whole "I'm gonna be a doctor/lawyer/astronaut" stage at some point, too. In high school it changed to an Athletic Trainer or a Physical Therapist. (Probably due to spending huge amounts of time rehabbing my bum knee.) Even started my college career in Sports Medicine. Changed my major to nursing. And ended up with a degree in Early Childhood Development. From animals to kids. I wasn't too far off. All that to say, I have my dream job as a mommy and a wife. Can I get a collective "Awwwwww"? Now, if someone was going to actually pay me, I have always wanted to do some kind of advertising. Maybe for non-profits or something. Sometimes my creative juices just need an appropriate filter.
Where would you like to live?
I'm pretty content in good 'ol Kentucky. I'm fairly found of the beach, but know I would tire of the constant sand in my britches. I like the mountains too, but Charlie's deathly afraid of bears, so that would never work. Maybe one day I'll live in a mud hut in some third world country. Or maybe in Australia. Or Colorado. I don't know. Next question...
In what century would you like to live?
I've most recently been reading (fictional) books that are based in a time where everyone was migrating West in their covered wagons. You know, very Oregon Trail-like. So, I'm fairly sure I don't want to spend my days riding in a wagon or making camp on the side of the road. I was pretty fond of the '80's where I had no responsibilities and someone else had to pay the bills. But I've already done that before. Maybe the early 1900's? I really don't have a good reason why except for life just seemed a little simpler. Minus the whole depression and war and stuff.
What would be your last meal?
I love food. A lot. Although lately, I'm going through this phase where nothing sounds or tastes good, so I have been eating a lot of buttered noodles. Healthy, right? I'm just carb-loading for the marathon I will most likely never run. Never hurts to be prepared. But my last meal would definitely be some kind of seafood pasta combination. With maybe a very rare steak on the side. And some dark chocolate for dessert. Well. Now I'm hungry.
What made you start a blog?
I started the blog way back in the Summer of 2006. We moved to Louisville the year before and family and friends were always wanting to know what was going on with us newly settled Northerners. Hence, the blog. It kinda came in handy when we started the adoption process. Kept me from having to say the same thing a million and a half times a day. And I can randomly ramble about anything I want and no amount of Kenny shaking his head at me or Nicole telling me I'm using too many words will make me stop. Plus, I can use big words like acquiescence and concurrence and hence. Still, no one can stop me.
What is your favorite piece of clothing?
A t-shirt. Really any t-shirt will do. Couple with comfy pants and my flops and I'm ready to conquer the world.
What's your favorite film?
Hmmmmmmm. My favorite film (Film. Really? Not a movie or a DVD?) is whichever one Kenny is watching, too. With me snuggled next to him. I know. We are SO sweet. I like to laugh. Loudly. So, find something that will make me laugh loud and we should be good.
What would you like to do before you turn 100?
Adopt again. Make it easier for people to adopt. (From a financial standpoint.) Play short stop again without getting hurt. Write a book. Buy and refurbish an old farmhouse. Travel. I was going to be specific, but I'm really up for going anywhere. I know for a fact I want to go back to Ethiopia. Be a better Christian. Totally sold out. Not just when I feel like it or it fits my schedule (Sunday School answer, but heavens knows we all need improvement). I really thought I would have more things I wanted to do before 100, but apparently I'm not nearly as interesting as I thought. And secretly, I don't think I want to make it to 100. I don't want to wait another 71 years to see my little sis again. (Written with a smile, no tears today.)
I'll tag Brittany, Lauren and Manda. If y'all want to do it, knock yourself out! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment