We avoided the oil-ridden water in favor of playing in the sand and hanging at the pool. I stand by my earlier statement that going to the beach with kids is the last thing from relaxing. Really, doing anything with kids and relaxing don't go together, but we still had a blast. Sam decided mid-summer that he no longer needed to cling to another human being in order to be in the water and the three (yes, three) flotation devices would most likely keep his head above the water. So, that little bit of independence from him did make this beach trip a little easier than the first one this summer.
We did have a casualty while in Pensacola. Sam's monkey went MIA. Pretty sure he got left in the hotel hallway and walked off from there. It really upset Charlie more than Sam, who forgot about the monkey four and a half seconds after we lost it. Charlie still reminds me that Sam's monkey is "in the beach". Oh, well. I guess I left my mommy compassion at the beach, too. (That's another post altogether.)
The boys decided to total cover themselves in sand, which results in a natural exfoliant and super soft skin. I used to complain about those kids that got in the hotel pool to finish washing the sand off. Now I have those kids.
We tried to take some group pictures, but due to the sun shining, which it tends to do on occasion, what we ended up with was a lot of funny looking squinty faces and very few actual smiles.
And a few randoms...
2 comments:
Great pictures, Jana!!!
LOVE the one with the boys' hands in their pockets. ADORABLE! I miss yall SO much!
Post a Comment