Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Misfits

This morning, Sam decided he would give me a little more help than I actually wanted in dressing him. He wanted to do it himself, so I let him take the lead, giving help where needed. Long story short, we ended up with our pants on our head and one leg in the neck of our shirt and the tail of the shirt tucked into our underwear. That's how he wanted it. So, we ran around house like that for a few minutes until I squashed his imagination and made him put things in the proper places. I just didn't really think it was appropriate to take him with me to get my haircut with his Thomas the Train undies hanging out. We were showing a little too much leg for the general public.


Fast forward to this evening, which was backwards night at AWANA'S. Everything you can comfortably get on backwards, goes that way. (I don't recommend wearing zipping pants backwards. Makes going to the bathroom with a partner imperative. Just my observations...) Now, you would think Sam would be all for this arrangement after our morning adventures, but for some reason it totally stressed him out to have his clothes on backwards. We handled it long enough for Mommy to take a picture and then our hat and vest were returned to their rightful places.


No comments: