Thursday, September 09, 2010

RIP: Louie the Lumina

If you knew me in high school, you can look at this picture and immediately know why I'm distressed. That's my first car! Louie the Lumina!

September 6, 2010: Volunteers from the Morris Fire Department, above, use a new K-12 saw on Wednesday to cut into a car during a demonstration of new equipment purchased with a $5,000 grant from the Cawaco Resource Conservation and Development Council. www.njeffersonnews.com
Sam and I were in Alabama for part of the long weekend, for several reasons, the top of the list being that mom decided to flood their house last week, resulting in the unscheduled gutting of the 1st floor. Several long trips to Home Depot and Lowe's followed. And somebody had to act as decorating consultant. (Dear State Farm Insurance Adjuster Guy, please read the sarcasm in the above sentence. Obviously mom didn't purposely flood the house, since it happened at 3 AM. But it makes for better reading if I state it that way.) I have strayed so far from the original point of this post...

Refocus.

Saturday mom came in with the front page of The North Jefferson News. This story was featured about how the Morris Fire Department was experimenting with their new emergency equipment. On my CAR!! Rewind a couple of years ago and you'll know that my dad donated 'ol faithful Louie to the MFD, which I guess is okay since it hadn't actually run in quite some time.

Still, my first car is no more. But at least Louie has now devoted himself to helping others. At least until he is in too many pieces to care anymore.

I promise to return to the boy's recent atics tomorrow. I know you could care less about a 20-year-old car.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

This is the car I rear ended right after I got my drivers license isn't it? Poor Louie!

The Cook Family said...

YES!! As a matter of fact, it is! No worries though...I specifically remember pulling out my BAG phone (only used in emergencies) and calling my dad! Ha!