Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Little School

Sam started "little school" today, which translates to mean he is accompanying me to Mother's Day Out where I will be working several days a week.

His biggest concern was where his new lunch box was and what was in it. That's all he's talked about all day. We couldn't even walk out the door this morning until he was assured that his lunch box was safely tucked away in his backpack. We do have priorities, you know. That, and cars. He needed to know he would have cars to play with.

I think he had a good day. I asked his teacher if he had obeyed during the morning. She immediately replied, "Yes. Well...no." All I need is a little honesty. I know he has trouble sitting still and obeying directions that haven't come from mommy or daddy, but if his teacher is oblivious to the fact, it's gonna be a long year for all involved. I'm hoping the exposure to this new group setting where he is expected to participate and follow directions will go a long way. Plus, he's just so darn cute, how can you not just laugh at him...


Excuse the snotty nose. It's just part of who Sam is these days...

No comments: