One of the things about Charlie's little personality that makes me laugh is his ability to be so melodramatic and blow most things out of proportion. He is most certain that life is so unfair and he never gets to do anything. Now, aside from the fact that his first years of life were spent in a third-world country most likely just trying to survive, which IS totally unfair for any child, he now has it pretty good. Despite this, every time he sees a Chuck E. Cheese commercial, he lets me know that he has never been and he wants to go. My response is typically that we will talk about it later, mainly because I'm usually in the middle of making him breakfast or some other task to make sure the remainder of his day is perfect. I am always met with a HUGE sigh and a melancholy statement like, "I never get to go Chunky Cheese." Chunky Cheese. Notice that we are so certain we need to go to this magical place he sees on television that he doesn't even know the actual name.
All that aside, we decided some time ago to take the boys to "Chunky Cheese" on their "Gotcha Day" as a special treat. We made sure that they knew it was a VERY SPECIAL TREAT, so as to not have to go back any time soon. Hopefully.
I hope they had fun, because I have no intentions of returning soon. The chaos was worth the smiles we got...
2 comments:
Ahhh...Chucky Cheese.
Gracie is TERRIFIED of anything dressed in a costume and Avery is allergic to cheese. Soooo, no Chucky Cheese for us! (thankfully)
My kids have always called it Chunky Cheese, too! They LOVE it and I LOATH it. I am so very thankful that there is not one close to our house. Glad your boys enjoyed it, though.
Post a Comment