Thursday, February 25, 2010

6 months...almost...

One year ago today, we had our first (and only) court date in Ethiopia to approve the boy's paperwork. That day didn't turn out at all like we had hoped, but was just a somewhat painful stepping stone in a long, long process. February 25, 2009 seems so far away, yet just like it was yesterday. I'll never forget the support our church family gave to us as everyone signed up to pray in 15 minute increments for 24 hours straight on the 25th...you know when someone will get up in the middle of the night to pray for you and your family, that you are loved!

Boys receiving the package we sent over to them last February...(note the mohawk Sam is sporting...maybe I'll experiment next time I cut his hair! Just joking, Mom!)



And in just a few short days, they will have been home for 6 months.

Yeah.

That long.

People always say, "I can't remember life without them" and I've always thought that to be so cheesy...so, I think I'll just say I don't want to remember life without them! Honestly, the last 6 months have been nothing like I would have ever imagined my first 6 months of parenting to be. I've only changed 3 or 4 poopy "diapers"...how many people can say that about their first months as parents?? Now granted, when I say "diaper", I'm talking about clothes, sheets, etc, because there actually was no diaper...but still....let's not get too far into the details...

The past 6 months have been challenging. They have been hilarious. They have been tearful. They have been...perfect!

3 comments:

tera said...

According to your ticker, looks like there is going to be a massive birthday party in a couple of weeks :) Hard to believe that it has been 6 months.

Amy said...

So sweet! Happy 6 months :)
Blessings,
Amy

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Wow! What a difference a year makes. Thank you so much for letting us share in the reflecting and thanksgiving with you. Your boys are amazing...and you guys are pretty incredible too.
Wishing to see you all before TOO long ~
Katie