For your FYI, my pessimistic mood is pretty much dissolved. Thanks for your uplifting words and prayers...we all have bad days, right? For some reason, I just chose to display mine to the world!
On to other, totally non-related subjects...I'm sitting in a parking lot downtown (don't tell my mom), passing time before my next home visit and I found this...
We Gave Our Volunteers The Week Off...
Hilarious.
I go to church in a school. The nursery is in the library. We change diapers on card tables. Most of the kids meet in a hallway. Bible Fellowship classes are in the computer labs. The students are in the cafeteria. The band room houses the couples class. The baby wipes go home each week so they aren't a frozen block of ice when it comes time to wipe tiny tushes (becoming less important as spring arrives). The sound system doesn't set itself up each week. The preschool rooms don't just populate themselves with toys. Doors don't open themselves. Table and chairs don't just appear. Needless to say, "church" is more than a building for us. The "stuff" is housed in two large trailers. But our church is comprised of all the PEOPLE that make it happen each week. The PEOPLE that show up each week to set up, tear down, love on babies, greet each person and teach each class is what church is about. There are definitely downsides to not having a building, but on the plus side, we have seen what a blessing it is to not have a building and have to totally depend on PEOPLE to make it happen each week. And man, is our church packed with the best folks in the world! We are so blessed to be part of such a great church and surrounded by such great PEOPLE! So, while we love our volunteers, don't get any crazy ideas about not showing up! I will get you some doughnuts if that makes you feel better...any volunteers to pick them up? :)
1 comment:
So you didn't listen to me when I told you about sitting in parking lots downtown!! It's called DANGEROUS!!!!!! Behave yourself! Love, Mom
Post a Comment