Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Suck it up, pansy.

I have not abandoned ship. I am still here for your blogging pleasure. But I have no news. And today, I'm not of the persuasion that "no news is good news". The tiny pessimist that lives deep down inside of me has gotten the best of me today. Sigh...

I did get an email today that said they think that our case had been rescheduled, but they are having difficulty communicating the actual dates. Technically, this is good news...but like I said, Mr. Pessimist bit my head off this morning, crippling my ability to function. I'm having difficulty communicating, too...

For your FYI, I am still obsessed with looking at the boy's pictures. They are truly the most handsome boys I've seen in quite some time. No, I'm not biased. Although, I don't still spend hours at a time looking at them, allowing my house to function at a fairly normal pace, unlike the previous months. I guess life is normal as normal can be when half of your family is on a separate continent--whose grand idea was that??!! (They are safe, happy, healthy, well-fed and warm...that's all I can ask for!!)

Sorry for my rant. Don't dispair...an attitude adjustment is on the way and Jana The Optimist should be back in rare form tomorrow. She just took a vacation day. After all, it is Spring Break.

Note to self: For you have been my HOPE, O Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth...But as for me, I will always have HOPE; I will praise you more and more. Psalm 71:5 & 14

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you and Kenny from VA! I just read your Mr. Pessimist blog and wanted to let you know that Robert and I are thinking of you and praying for your whole family. I'm working on a comment to add for the boys' book and will post that soon.

Stacey

Becoming a family of 4 said...

Hang in there girl. I am praying for you today.

Katie said...

I like the optimistic Jana better! I need to come see you, I think it will help both of us feel better!
I love you!

tera said...

Praying right now for the entire Cook family, no matter which continent they are on.