Calling all blog stalkers, random visitors, friends, family, happen-byers (that means you just happened upon us!), church family, fellow adopters...I know you are out there! People have recognized me in public because they have been reading our blog (only a tiny bit scary)... It's okay...I stalk blogs, too. No shame. Quit hiding behind the security of your laptop screen and make yourself known.
I am putting together a book for the boys with the help of Blurb, which is software that helps transfer a blog into an actual paper book (interesting concept, huh?). I began the book with our post announcing our decision to adopt and will continue until the little boogers get home--which is gonna have to be soon or I'm going to have to take out a loan to get the thing printed!
So, what do I need from all you stalkers, as well as our dear friends and family? I would REALLY, REALLY, REALLY like to add a couple pages of Hi's and Hello's to the boys from the people who are involved in or following their story. In the comment section below (just click on "comment", mom!), please leave the boys a note--whether it's just to say hey, let them know you've been praying or just that you have been following along! Include your name, city/state, date of birth and social security number. (Joking about the last two.) If you have any questions on the how-to's of commenting, just let me know.
What are you waiting for?? Get to writing...
22 comments:
Charlie & Sam,
My name is Jennifer, and I work at the same office as your Dad. I have enjoyed the many updates I have received on this long process, and I have continued to pray as your Mom & Dad anxiously wait to finally meet you face to face. I pray that one day you will see just how much your parents have loved you, and have committed you to the Lord's provision and love in these long months. You have so many people praying for you, and so many who also can't wait to meet you, and we pray that the love your parents have for you will point you to the far greater love your Heavenly Father has for you!
Grace and peace,
Jennifer S.
Louisville, KY
Charlie and Sam,
Okay, boys. Yall are gonna have to come on and get home!!! Your mom, dad and friends in America are itching for you to get here!!! Throughout this whole journey (10 months or so) we have prayed for you daily. As you have been half way across the world, on a different continent and in a different time zone, people have read about you, thought about you and cried out for you. We know you are in the Lords hands and we know it will be in His perfect timing that you will come home. Until then, we will continue to lift you up and pray for you.
As you arrive to the states, aunt lauren needs to give you some advice:
1. Jesus loves you.
2. Your friends and family love you.
3. Yall have two of the coolest parents EVER!
4. Yall is a combination of you and all. Use it frequently.
5. THE University of Alabama is awesome and you must become their number one fans. ROLL TIDE.
6. I dont think your mom likes cats...ask for a hamster instead.
Blessings to the four of you!!!
Lauren
P.S. Jana, I just thought of something cool but random and probably wont make sense being typed out.
I was pondering how can you fall so deeply in love with someone you have never met...thinking about how it was kind of weird writing a note to two people who have NO idea who I am and have no clue that I think about them daily and pray for them as they live their little lives, just waiting for them to come home to America.
Then I thought about how they have no idea how much all of us love them and how much we care about them, and are constantly thinking about them, etc.
Then I thought about Jesus and his love for us and realized that this is just a tiny glimpse of how he feels about us. Loving us, crying out for us, thinking about us, even when we have no idea He is there. The way we feel about your little boys is just a small piece of what Jesus feels for each of us.
okay, i am gonna stop now cause i am rambling, and i am not a good explainer in typing but hopefully you got the picture. ha. (oh this was not really for the book, just for you!)
This is Jennifer Baxter. I've been following the story about the boys. I can't wait to hear that they precious guys are home!!
Good Luck and Best Wishes!!
Jennifer B.
Tuscaloosa, AL
Charlie and Sam,
We are looking forward to your long awaited arrival, and we are very excited to see what God has planned for your lives. I work with your Dad, and I know that he and your mom will love you with all of their hearts, and that they will be faithful to point you to Christ and will raise you in a godly manner.
I have prayed for you both often, and will continue to pray for you both in the months and years to come.
Blessings,
J.C. Tyson
Louisville, KY
Hey guys!
My name is Beth. I've known your mom a really long time. Your very lucky to have her as a mother and I know she feels the same about you. You and your new family will always be in my prayers!
Beth Covington
Remlap, Alabama
Dear Charlie and Sam,
How thrilled we were when Ken and Jana told us of their plans to adopt from Ethiopia. We have prayed for our grandsons from the moment we knew. Papa John and I can't wait until you two are home. We have loved you two across the continent - how neat it is going to be to be able to love you when you are home in Kentucky! I don't know who will be blessed the most - somehow I believe we all will be. God is good all the time. All the time, God is good! I love you guys. Gran
Hi Charlie and Sam!!
I can't wait to meet both of you! Your Mom and Dad are some of my best friends and I know they are so excited for the day you will be here with them in Kentucky. I teach third grade students and my whole class prays for you every day. They hope to meet you one day too! We love you and we know that God has the perfect time planned for you to be part of the Cook family.
Much love,
Kristen D.
Louisville, KY
Charlie and Sam,
Hi boys!! This is your Aunt Katie - I'm your mom's sister! I have loved the two of you since before I layed eyes on you! And when I finally saw your sweet faces in a picture, it was love at first sight all over again! I am so ready to meet you face to face and be your favorite aunt! : ) You two have the coolest parents in the entire world waiting on you both! We are all praying everyday that you are strong and healthy so that we can get you home to people that love you so much. You have got to get here soon before your mom has a nervous breakdown! It has been a long journey and I know that you both are patiently waiting, but I am sure that God will bring you to us soon. Until then, I pray that He keeps you happy, safe and comforted in His hands; knowing that in just a few short months you will be welcomed into a family that loves you so much we just can't stand being apart from you. I love you both and I can't wait to meet you face to face and give you a million hugs and kisses!
Aunt Katie
Morris, AL
Jana my heart is about to burst! Just the fact that all these people are praying for them everyday makes me see how God is working in all of this! It's so amazing that this is happening for you and Kenny! I know it's hard to wait on them but ya'll are so blessed!
I've got to quit writing so I can quit crying.....
I love you BIG and I can't wait for those little boogers to get home! I'm praying for you and Kenny everyday! Don't get discouraged...they will be here in God's time and it will be perfect! I love you!!!
Hello Boys!
My name is Priscilla and I know your mom and dad through my brother, Wes Harbin. I have been reading all about you...cant wait to see your precious faces!!! I have been praying for your mom and dad through most of this process (although, I don't think they even know I'm a regular reader of their blog)!!! I know they cant wait to hold you in their arms!! May God bless you and the whole family.
Best Wishes!!!
Priscilla
Tuscaloosa, AL
I met Jana last summer through First Steps. We had just brought our newly adopted daughter home from Guatemala and I was very excited to hear about Jana's adoption story. I have followed this blog ever since - it makes me laugh and cry as I read about the progress of their adoption and I recall the highs and lows of my own experience. Most of all I am inspired by the level of faith of this couple. Blessings to all of you as you come to the end of your adoption journey and as you start your life as a family together.
Suzanne H.
Louisville,KY
Charlie & Sam. I peek into this window of your lives everyday to see what news your mommy has to announce. It has been precious to watch the birthing process as you have been born into their family. Can't wait until your feet land in Kentucky and you are living in the same house as your mom and dad. Blessings, Aimee Ryan
Hey Sam & Charlie!
First of all, I just want to say you pretty much have amazing parents! If you haven't figure it out yet, they are great! They have been praying and waiting on you boys to come home for so long, and I know God will reward their perseverance, in both their lives as well as yours. I've been stuck on Isaiah 26:8 lately, and it says, "Indeed, while following the way of Your judgements, O Lord, we have waited for You eagerly; Your name, even Your memory, is the desire of our souls." While your mom and dad wait on You, God is teaching them about waiting on Him, and about eagerly longing for Him, even for His memory, just like your mom and dad hang on every picture of you two they can get their hands on. I pray one day you come to know Christ and His love in such a way that you long for Him and eagerly wait for Him, much like your parents have longed for and eagerly awaited your arrival. What a blessing to know you boys are and have been prayed over by people you have yet to meet, though I look forward to meeting you both soon! I can't wait to see what God has planned for yall's lives!
In Him,
Jessica M
Auburn, AL
Dear Charlie and Sam
Today your mommy and daddy just found out that you can finally come home! I just want you two know that they love you very much. We, as a family, have prayed for so long for the both of you, and God has finally answered our prayer!
I cannot wait to meet you both. It is really wierd to explain, but I love you both so much and I haven't ever met you. But I, as your aunt Heather, want to make you both a few promises just like I did with your cousin Tristan. I promise to show you the love of Jesus everytime I see your precious faces. I promise to give you a hug and a kiss everytime you come to visit, or I come to visit you. I also promise to pray for you each and everyday that God's will will be revealed in your lives.
Charlie and Sam, welcome to the family!
With warm hugs and kisses,
Aunt Heather
Charlie and Sam,
Wow! It has been a long wait. Your Mom and Dad are so excited to meet you both! We as friends are too! I pray that you get home soon. I can't wait to meet you too!
Katrina Farrar
Charlie Tuna and Sam Sam Samurai,
I didn't know if I would be able to figure out how to write a note to you because my IT specialist was your mom and now she is no longer my office mate and I am lost.
I can't begin to tell you how much we have anticipated your arrival. I feel fortunate to have witnessed this journey to motherhood. It has been a ride of ups and downs and twists and turns. Your parents LOVE you so much. The things they did to get you here, you'll never know. The people who prayed for your family are countless. All you need to know is this: You are loved! You are loved! You are loved! You have an adopted family. You have a church family. You have a friend family. We will be here to watch you grow and to spoil you and to love you. What an amazing journey you are about to embark upon. Welcome home!
"Aunt" Deb
Charlie & Sam,
How exciting to know that sometime today, you've been able to touch your mommy and daddy. How special you boys are to be chosen to be Cooks. I so look forward to watching you boys grow here in Spencer County KY and can't wait to meet you in the coming days.
Until then, may the Lord provide for you and your parents and form bonds between you all that only can be given through God's grace.
With Love,
Jessica
Welcome to America!! You have found the best parents in the world to take care of you. I used to work with your momma, and know that she's overjoyed to have you in her life!
Candace G.
Louisville, KY
Nuredin & Edaso,
After many months of anxiously awaiting the arrival of our two newest grandsons we finally got to meet you and hug you and see your beautiful smiles (in person) on Saturday. We have prayed for you and for your arrival into our family.... we have loved you from afar....we are so happy that you are finally home with your Daddy and Mommy. We feel very honored and blessed that God chose you to be our grandsons. Papa and I are looking forward to lots of FUN times with you in the future ... (tell Daddy & Mommy to be ready for lots of visits!) God has a wonderful plan for your lives and we are so glad that we get to be a part of that plan!
We Love You Both Very Much,
Papa & Gammy
Charlie & Sam:
I cannot wait to meet you both and I am very happy that God has given you Jana & Kenny for your very own. I love you already and have been praying for the time you could come live in America. I hope you can visit your friends here in Alabama soon - wearing your Alabama shirts and shouting Roll Tide!
Love, Debbie Gilley
Charlie and Sam,
We are so happy for you all. You have the greatest parents God could give you. We are your cousins from Texas. Cousin Kevin, his wife, Lisa, and their four children - Savannah, Austen, Hayden and Kaia Lin. We are so excited to meet you and until then, please know that you boys and your parents are in our thoughts prayers.
Love the Hills of Texas
Katy, Texas
Hi boys, This is your Uncle Steve and Aunt Linda- Papa`s oldeer brother. We have prayed for this time , that you would be home with your Daddy and Mommy, where love is all around you from so many places that you will visit someday. What made is even more special, you arrived at your new home on our 39th wedding anniversary. We hope that someday soon, we will be able in meet you and wrap our arms of love around you both! Welcome to our family from Nevada, Mo! God bless you all!!!!
MY PRECIOUS NEWPHEWS!!!
THIS IS YOUR AUNT KIM AND COUSIN TRISTAN. WE LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH AND ARE SO GLAD THAT YALL ARE FINALLY HOME TO BE WITH US. WE MAY NOT GET TO SEE YALL AS OFTEN AS WE WOULD LIKE BUT WE THINK AND PRAY FOR YOU BOTH DAILY. YOUR MOMMY AND DADDY ARE THE BEST AND WILL ALWAYS RAISE YALL TO BE GODLY BOYS AND MEN. ALWAYS KNOW THAT YALL HAVE A LOVING FAMILY BESIDE YALL AND THAT NO MATTER WHAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE SOMEONE TO TURN TOO. YOU TWO ARE SUCH A BLESSING AND I CANT WAIT FOR YALL TO GET TO PLAY WITH YOUR LITTLE COUSIN. I LOVE YOU BOTH VERY MUCH AND AM VERY ANXIOUS TO GET TO SEE YALL AGAIN. BE SWEET AND HAVE FUN PLAYING WITH YOUR KITES AND CHARLIE YOUR HAIRCUT LOOKS WONDERFUL.
I LOVE YALL.
AUNT KIM AND TY
Post a Comment