Monday, November 24, 2008

"The Map"

Last night we had Combined Worship, and for those of you not familiar with a multi-campus church, this is where all six of our campuses get together for...well, a combined worship service. I love Combined Worship! Anywho, I took a picture of "The Map" while I was at Fegenbush. I don't believe that I've referenced "The Map" before, but I have told you that our church has a great adoption ministry and is very supportive of adoptive families. We have a ginormous map in the hallway...


...that includes many of the families that have already adopted or are waiting to travel or for a referral. As you can see, we have families that have adopted from ALL over the world, both domestically and internationally. I love the map and often looked upon it with jealousy before...But LOOK! Now we are on "The Map"!




I can't wait for that picture to include a couple more smiling faces! And for our status to be changed to "Home Forever"!! I love, love that our church is so supportive of adoption and believe that the support and encouragement they have provided is very much part of the reason that this season of our lives is where God prompted us to pursue adoption.

(Props to Tera for keeping up the map and for leading an awesome adoption ministry at Highview!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

The map is great and it's good you are now on it - time is drawing near. I am so excited about this new little one - or one's! We are all patiently waiting to see what you need. It's a good thing you have a full basement! Love you. Lisa

Bethany said...

Yeah.I love it!! I have a map post too! Fun stuff....
oh and your tree is beautiful!