Kenny came home a little early from work that afternoon and I wrapped up a present with her picture in it. I told the boys it was an early birthday present for them, but with several disclaimers…it wasn’t a toy, but something we could play with and something we all had been wanting for a while. I realized we were off base a little when I heard Charlie tell Sam, “I bet it’s an iPad!!”
Ummm, not quite.
Watch the reveal below…
It has turned into quite
the challenge (as in, against each other!) and less than a week in, they both
know the whole alphabet and Sam actually kicked Charlie’s butt when I was
quizzing them the other day! Although he
struggles with getting those fingers in the right place. He’s flipped us off on more than one
occasion!
I’ve overheard Sam tell
several people… “I have a new baby sister and she can’t hear and I’m gonna talk
to her with my hands!!” He has her
picture printed out and carries it around the house with him, giving her kisses
or hugs. The other day I caught him
staring at her picture on the fridge and asked him what he was doing… “She is
just so cute, Mommy!”
Charlie asked if he could
take her picture to school, has fiercely studied the ABC’s sheet on the fridge
and is asking for more to learn!
Her given name is Ji Xisha
(pronounced Gee Shesha…according to the "translate" app on my phone!) and Sam has dubbed her ‘Lil Ji, which I think
fits perfectly with Chuck and Ham Bone.
Chuck, Ham Bone and ‘Lil
Ji. I like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment