And my latest obsession...wings. Just good 'ol buffalo chicken wings. And in my quest to make them half-way healthy and actually taste good, I think I have finally found a winner.
And a side note: I don't fry things. If we eat something fried, it's because we bought it that way. Which also doesn't happen much. So, that was the kicker...how do you make wings good without frying them? Because honestly, they are goopy and slimy and slippery and just generally not appeasing if you don't fry them and get that crispy goodness.
I now have the answer to your slimy wings.
- Preheat broiler on high.
- Place your naked wings in large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Place wings on broiler pan in oven for 5-6 minutes or until they began to brown and bubble.
- Flip wings and broil for another 5-6 minutes.
- Toss wings in your preferred sauce (ours is just Frank's Hot Sauce and a little butter to tone down the spice).
- Place on foil lined baking pan and return to the broiler for a couple of minutes.
My only complaint...I've now dirty at least 3 or 4 pots and pans just to cook a chicken wing. That's just ridiculous, but I'm willing to deal with the dirty to get good wings.
| Photo Credit. |
P.S. I'd give credit for the method if I could remember what the name of that little insert magazine thing that comes in the Sunday paper is called. But I've got wing-on-the-brain...
No comments:
Post a Comment