Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Belated December Review

Yeah, I know.  I'm almost a month late with this. 

A quick run down of the events during the month of December.  Mostly because my brain is too tired to fully recount the details of each happening.  I could probably give you normal people details.  But I only know how to do things with a touch of sarcasm.  Which requires more brain power than I'm willing to give up right now.  Your lucky I'm typing and drinking a cup of creamer with a touch of coffee at the same time.  And yes.  I meant to say that.

We made our annual trip to Southern Lights at the Kentucky Horse Park.  We had a blast looking at the lights and Charlie and Grace rode a camel.  Yep.  A camel.



Check them out two years ago in the same spot...is it legal to make your kids stop growing??

Notice the death grip on Grace.  He's scared to death.  But he would never tell you that.

He wasn't scared, but why does he look like such a big boy here??  Sniff, sniff...

My favorite picture from the evening.  Sam, just grinning away.  And Charlie.  Who was too worried about what that llama may do to look at the camera.  At least he was smiling.

We took several turns around town to view the Christmas lights.  The first time was just in my parents neighborhood with the boys and cousin Tristan.  What we thought would be a nice, calm ride in our pj's before bedtime turned into a wrestling match in the cargo area of my car.  A nice wrestling match, but apparently there is a reason we tie the kids to the seat when we get in the car.  The second time around was in a limo.  (Thanks Matthew & Emily!)  With candy and hot chocolate.  If you are thinking "what a sticky mess", you are correct.  But I can't think of a better way to look at Christmas lights with four of your best Alabama friends!  And two sticky kids.

Although the boys know the real reason for Christmas and that all the rest of it is just for fun, we tried our darnedest to make sure they knew that this is a season of giving.  So we made our own "Wish List".  Don't get all worked up...it wasn't a wish list for them, it was a wish list of things they wanted to do for others.  And while we didn't get to everything on their list (mainly because the only constructive thing Charlie contributed was to vacuum the house of every single person he knew), we did take the time to do several things to give back to others and I hope the boys remember that when they think back on our Christmas traditions.

Mom got engaged.  To my dad.  Yes, they are already married.  But now she has an engagement ring.  After 32 years of marriage.  Can I get a collective "awwwwwww"??



Cliff got a guitar.  He's just pretending here, though.  He has no idea how to play.  The ribbon is just his version of Rambo.  I don't think Rambo plays the guitar either.



Sam got the two things he has asked for repeatedly.  A bike.  And Cars legos.  Which I had to put together.  Why are legos rated for a 5-year-old almost too hard for a 30-year-old to assemble??

No, we don't normally ride our bikes in the house.  It was a special occasion.



And Charlie finally got his giant Bumblebee Transformer.  That he's been eyeing for over 2 years now.  I still don't understand Transformers, but he's happy, so that's all that matters.




Family.  Just family.  Love them.  (Someone from the Cook side of things wanna send me a pic??)



Thanks to a superduper generous church member, we enjoyed Christmas at The Galt House Hotel.  KaLightoscope was an interesting display of Christmas lights that apparently took 200 people over 9 months to create.  That's impressive.  And so was this huge gingerbread house totally made of candy.


See that look in Sam's eyes...we got him outta there fast!  Before that gingerbread house started disappearing.

So, that was a round-up of Christmas 2011.  Sam has already started asking when we can have Christmas again. 
But unfortunately it's because his Mater broke and he's trying to figure out how to get another one sooner rather than later...

No comments: