Especially since I was just getting used to the 'ol college ways of staying up til 4 AM. I honestly can say that I sat in the roaring loud student section and slept. Sitting on the bleachers with no backs. Passed out cold. And I can truthfully say it was totally from a lack of sleep and not an artificially induced coma that other new college students sometimes find themselves in.
I did my share of cheering on the Tide to their 34-10 victory against Houston. But what I remember most is that I actually feel asleep at a football game.
Now some of you may feel like I am not a true fan to go to a game and fall asleep. But if anything, it proved an early devotion to my beloved Crimson Tide. Why else would I have tolerated such an event with a visible lack of sleep?? Pure dedication and commitment, my friends.
Plus, there was this guy. With cute curly brown hair and beautiful blue eyes. And I was hoping to see him there. So, maybe my motives were a little skewed. But fortunately I don't have to pretend to show up at the same places as him anymore...
So, here's to a great season...my annual "Roll Tide!!" post. Let's take it all the way, fellas.
We owe it to Auburn, you know.
![]() |
| I can also honestly say I never did this. Although, I might have been cooler. But it would have been no fun if the "D" fell asleep in the middle of the game... |

No comments:
Post a Comment