Yes. It's 12:09 AM.
Let's be honest. I should be in bed. But someone talked me into a cup of coffee to wind down about 10 PM. And that's all she wrote. I loathe you, caffeine.
We've had one of those week where you are away from home, more than at home. And honestly, I don't care for it. Between work and school and field trips and church, there's been little time for things like dusting, vacuuming, laundry...and playing.
Although I did manage to make dinner each night. Just call me June Cleaver.
Charlie had his chapel program at school on Wednesday. Each class takes a week during the school year and they are in charge of the program for chapel. They did a little 50's diddy and discussed how God is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow. And did a spectacular job for a bunch of 2nd graders having to learn their lines and songs and motions to said songs.
But let's just say Charlie isn't one for the performing arts. He was not looking forward to standing up in front of the entire elementary school. Just flat out nervous. Terrified! And made it known by refusing to practice with his class. Until that plan backfired on him. Big time. Oh, the joys of having Mommy work in the same building you have school at. Never know where she might pop up at! Let's just say I don't have to worry about him losing his head and running off to Hollywood to try and make it as an actor...
![]() |
| Hanging out after the program and much relieved that it was finally over! |
At least until 3rd grade.
Thursday the whole 2nd grade headed up to Huber Farm for a little apple and pumpkin picking. They had a great time and it was perfect weather. I got semi-lost in a muddy corn maze and have no intentions of ever returning to one. Not without a map. Which totally defeats the purpose, I assume. And since Conner and Charlie's mommies are the coolest, we stayed for a little extra treat of ice cream after the rest of the kids headed back on the bus!
Suckers.
![]() |
| Only I can make comments about him being my little chocolate scoop...I love his smiling face!! |
Maybe she has Tooth Fairy elves that assist her? I have neither negated nor confirmed the Tooth Fairy tale. He's 8 years old. Somebody's bound to tell him sooner or later that fairies really have no interest in teeth...
Coffee's worn off. Time for bed.


No comments:
Post a Comment