Did you have fun at school? "I don't know." Did you learn anything at school? "I don't know." What did you eat for lunch? "I don't know." Did you make any new friends at school? "I don't know." Did you play on the playground? "I don't know." What did you do in music class? "I don't know." Who do you sit by in class? "I don't know." ...Is this what I have to look forward to for the next 10 years of our school life??
As you can see, some of the details have been vague. Very vague. What I do know is this...It is totally not fair that he has to do homework at night after being at school all day. Even though if done correctly the first time (which doesn't always happen because we have a most difficult time paying attention), should only take him about 15 minutes to complete. And no one played with him on the playground. When questioned further, no one was playing with him because he was sitting on the sidewalk. Not playing. Kinda difficult to play if you are sitting on the ground. Still working on those social skills.
He has been most excited about going back to school since our uncertain first day. Although he told me this morning he was too tired and needed to go back to bed. Even requested to go to bed at 7:00 pm instead of 8:00 pm so he wasn't tired! Ha!
Wednesdays are Chapel Day. Doesn't he look most handsome in his Chapel Day uniform? Like a little man!!
And Sam has done great being home with just Mommy! I was a little worried about how he would do, but he seems to thrive when he has time to play on his own. I've discovered a love for books I didn't realize was there and we have actually made great progress on learning our letters and the sounds they make. Which we have been working on since we came home, but I guess the individual attention makes all the difference in the world. He talks all the time, which is also a new thing. I guess with Charlie around running his mouth all the time, Sam didn't feel like he could get a word in edge wise. Now he can!! And my favorite part? Having my little buddy join me to snuggle in the bed in the morning to watch cartoons. That never happen when they were both up and ready to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment