Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gotcha.

This very moment a year ago, I was trying to choke down (and I use that term very loosely) a little breakfast (also, used loosely since what I really wanted was a McMuffin) in anticipation of meeting the two little boys we had fallen in love with only on paper.

Of course, in typical Ethiopian fashion, no one was in any kind of hurry to go any where this particular day, so I quit pacing the lobby of our guesthouse, sat down and figured I had waited this long…what was another couple of hours? Although, if I had been forced to wait much longer, there was a goat on the front stoop who was about to strike a trail with me on its back.

365 days. It wasn’t a leap year, was it?

8,760 hours. 525,600 minutes.

31,536,000 seconds.

31,536,000,000,000,000 nanoseconds. Really. Look it up. I honestly can’t even say that number.

But that’s how long I’ve had both these boys in my hands. And God willing, I will keep them here a billion times longer.

One year ago, we went from two to four. Will never go back. Wouldn’t change one nanosecond of this blessed chaos...



Happy “Gotcha Day”, Charlie & Sam!!

3 comments:

Ray and Morgan Stuart said...

I love it! Happy One Year!

tera said...

Way to make me scare my children with the blubbering......I LOVE THIS!!! You must send this to LifeSong :) I'm so glad that you are my friend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Gotcha Day to our two precious grandsons! We are so glad God blessed us with you!!!!!!! We love you both (and Daddy & Mommy too!)!!!! Papa & Gammy