And I've only been a parent just shy of a year.
And our first day of school isn't kindergarten or even 1st grade. We are skipping straight to 2nd. Yeah. He's a genius.
Some things just never pan out the way you imagined they would, like sending your oldest to school after only having him home a year, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
He was a mixed ball of scared and excited, but I think he will do great. He teeters on the edge of driving me nuts all day long with his questions about everything, so I have no doubt that he'll be teaching me things by the time he gets home this afternoon.
He's pretty stinkin' cute though, you have to admit. With his belt wrapped around his waist four and a half times.
And you want to know what is in his lunch box for the first day of school? Requested especially by him? No, not a PB & J or even a ham sandwich. Chili. Only my little Ethiopian would want chili for lunch when it is 3,000 degrees outside. Anything for him.
I'll let y'all know how the first day goes. I can feel myself getting dumber the closer he gets to school...
3 comments:
He sure does look cute in his uniform! I can't believe he is starting in 2nd grade. Thats great...he IS a genious! :)
2nd grade???!!!! Very, very awesome. He will do great. Don't get overwhelmed. One day at a time. It takes a long time for them to catch up completely (and use correct sentence structure and words...we still deal with that five years later :)
so cute! ...and everyone will know he's yalls kid since he is sporting the New Balance shoes!!
Post a Comment