Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Eggs. Or the lack thereof.

In lieu of dying eggs with the boys (which I could only imagine would end up making a tremendous mess), we made Rice Krispie Easter Egg Dipper Treats. Couple drippy, melted chocolate with mounds of Rice Krispies and sprinkles and we probably had a similarly sized mess, but we had fun and that's all that matters, right? (If you attempt this, please see notes at the bottom on how to make it work better.) I know you have seen the commercial with the mom and her two kids making these. I'm not sure how they were so huggy and happy while they did this because we were a mess.


Charlie dipping the first one. I know it's the first one because all the sprinkles are still in the bowl here. Sam is still contemplating whether he wants to be involved or if he would just rather go back to playing with his Thomas.


Charlie trying it out...(excuse the towels in the background, but a girls gotta get the laundry done at some point!)


Sam trying it out and showing us how it looks plastered to his teeth.


The finished product delicately placed in it's very own green "grass".


And we opted for the Easter Bunny to visit a little early since Sunday mornings around here are never a good time to enter extracurricular activities. Especially ones that include fun new things that must be played with. We do good to eat and get dressed.


And this is when my camera died. And I can't find my charger. So it may be cell phone pics for the next foreseeable future...

NOTE: Rice Krispie treat are really, really sticky. And therefore not conducive to being shaped into little eggs. Spray your hands with a little cooking spray prior to diving in and save yourself some headache. And after shaping the eggs, stick them in the fridge while you are melting your chocolate and that way they don't fall apart when they are handed over to a 3-year-old. I also used a muffin tin to help hold up the finished product while we waited on the chocolate to "dry".

1 comment:

ARMSTRONG ADVENTURES said...

Like you, I was inspired by the commercial. Your eggs did turn out way better than mine. But, like you said, the kids had fun!