Thursday, April 29, 2010

Birmingham

The boys and I randomly took off for Birmingham for a few days last week. Honestly, it's way easier to do it this way than tackling the madness of the holidays. But we have fun either way!


The boy's had fun helping Papa wash his truck (in the rain, might I add...what a Papa will do for his grandkids!), we rode our bikes everywhere we went (including a wild ride by Sam down a rather steep driveway), experienced our first tornado (fortunately, Charlie slept through it since we had scared him to death trying to explain what a tornado was), cousin Tristan chased Sam relentlessly and we found a new love in beating each other with foam swords from great-grandmother, Honey.

1 comment:

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Birmingham!!! Ahhh, JUST read this. Wish I had seen it sooner!! Well, I am consoling myself that my husband was in Africa, my boy was(and still kinda is) sick, so it probably wouldn't have been a good time to meet up and play anyway. Next time though, we must! Being a single parent for the past week and a half has not left much time for blogging or checking my usual "must reads". I learned my lesson to not go without reading a Cook update. I may miss something BIG! :) Dave is getting in late Tuesday night, we are closing on a house Thursday and getting ready for Dave's big 30th bday on Saturday. Don't think we will be able to make my little bro's KY graduation on Friday. So sad that we are missing out on another possible time to see you guys. Well, we will have to be patient to meet your little men... and see you and Kenny again :)

And thanks so much for your sweet comment about Claire. I agree she's pretty cute ;)