(Okay, so I wrote this yesterday. But I've lost several brain cells due to all the different time zones I've been in lately. And I forgot to post it.)
What a week it's been...

We have been to the pediatrician. She has gained a pound and a half, putting us up to a whopping 14.5. We still need to do the dreaded blood work, but Dr. Church thinks we have a perfectly healthy baby. Just tiny. And the poop samples. Got that checked off our list. (Hey, just keeping it real for those of you to come behind me. You will spend time scooping poop from a diaper into tiny vials. I'm just glad she's still in diapers...)

She is still pounding the bottles down. Switched to whole milk with no problems. We've had no luck with bread, pasta, bananas, puffs, cereal, baby food.......basically anything to come from a spoon. Or a sippy cup. Or not out of her bottle. I just keep putting it in front of her. And she just keeps looking at me like, "Really lady?? I thought the gagging from the baby food was enough to deter you from trying again?"
Nope. I don't give up that easy.

Our one problem is she will only take the bottle we bought in China. And I only bought two. And those won't last forever. Soooo....she's gonna have to give it up and take a different brand of bottle. Or just realize that what we are eating is way better than that cereal and green peas milkshake she's downing...
She has been to Target. A side trip with Mommy after the doctor office. I'm sure she loved it. Who doesn't love a little Target action?

We have learned to love bath time, once we discovered that toys could be involved.


Still no walking, but pulling up and cruising. It will only be a matter of time. I'm still shocked that 18 days ago, I was given a child who barely moved. Very newborn like. And now she's crawling and scooting all over the place!
The self-soothing behaviors? They aren't totally gone, but have drastically decreased. Again. Totally shocked at the changes in our sweet little girl in such a short time.
Oh, and the temper...oh my, she has a temper if she doesn't get her way! 99% of the time she is a happy baby. But don't delay in getting that bottle...

What do the boys think of their new baby sister??
Well, I had my concerns about each of them, but honestly they have both done very well. They willing sit and play with her, fight over who gets to sit by her in the car and constantly are giving me a play by play of what she is doing if I'm in the other room. (I know once the new wears off, so will all this. But I'll take it while I can. I know they might not always like each other.)
Sam likes to pick her up and she doesn't care for that. The two of them are also learning to "share". Meaning Sam is learning that a toddler doesn't know how to share. And if you take her toy, she will scream until you give it back. He is also a little stressed by her eating habits. It is beyond him why you would throw perfectly good food in the floor (from her highchair) when you could eat it! He just doesn't get it!

Charlie lets her crawl all over him and is very patient with her. He shares his monkey with her and for Charlie, that's like a declaration of his undying love. He doesn't just let anyone gnaw on his monkey's face. (He looks so big next to her! I don't like it.)

This week hasn't been without its tears, moments of frustration, toddler attitude, big kid Grandparent detox (Yes, thats a real thing) and Mommy impatience. And exhaustion. BUT...I wouldn't change a second of it.
Well, maybe the second while I was playing in poop.
But we'll consider that understood.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
1 comment:
I wonder if she will try the squeeze pouches with food in them? Have you given those a go?? May be a bit messy but she may like sucking the food out of there??
Post a Comment