Until Tuesday.
She was upset because I wasn't moving fast enough and we were past the angry cry. She was giving me that real pitiful cry while laying her head on my shoulder. And I was in the middle of preparing breakfast for one of the other mouths that lives here, so it's not like I was completely ignoring her!
After fixing a bottle (yes, I said fixin'!), I reached around to her line of vision and signed "milk" and was shocked when she immediately popped up and signed milk back to me, frantically searching for her bottle at the same time!
I was so excited that she finally made the connection between the two that I did a little happy dance for the two of us, all while she looked at me like I'd lost my mind!
She had her bottle, so she didn't really care.
Tonight we practiced please and thank you. She seemed to be picking up the please, but would wait for me to take her hand and do it, instead of doing it herself. I would get a real big grin when the please resulted in what she wanted. Ha...if we could all just get what we wanted by saying please...
I'm learning very fast that she is all toddler. And toddlers have opinions and things to say! She just hasn't been given any way to communicate other than screaming or crying. I've said before she has an attitude, but that attitude is really just her talking to us. We are still pouring on the Mommy and Daddy love, but hopefully....slowly...giving her tools to communicate with us.

A quick lunch with brothers at McDonald's, which was a first for her. (No judging. Life must go on. And big brothers still need to feel like they are the center of attention occasionally.) Ain't no way she's eating those fries. But see...it doesn't always have to be spoons...anything she can hold in each hand will work!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment