Well, technically, my excuse is a 14-pound cutie, but the last 3 nights I've put my big kids to bed before the sun has fully set because I literally could not keep my eyes open any longer.
And the little one wants to keep all kind of crazy hours. Like rising at 2am for the day. Or sleeping from 1pm to 5am the next day.
Which means the hours needed for blogging, have been spent sleeping.
Our bodies are totally having a civil war within as we will them to stay awake for just a little longer, while the troops inside are kicking the bucket one by one.
Jet-lag, my friend, is no joke. Especially when you are a toddler. Who cares if it's 11pm and dark outside? I'm not tired.
Well, Mommy is.
In all seriousness, as of Wednesday afternoon, I think we may have finally got our days and nights switched back around. Still working on a daily schedule of napping, etc, but the sleeping at night when all the rest of the family is sleeping will help tremendously!
When I last left y'all, we were in Hong Kong, getting ready to make the long trek home. It honestly went waaaay better than either of us could have imagined.

She took a nap while we sat on the runway in Hong Kong and then was awake, but happy, for the next 10 hours. Yes. Ten. But by then it was her bedtime and she conked out peacefully. Oh, there was the whole poop incident about 2 hours into the flight where me and her both ended up with poop all over us, but so is the life of a 20-month-old in Chinese diapers. I'm not impressed, by the way, and have never been so excited to get a hold of a pack of Luvs!
She arrived as the newest American citizen around 9am on July 4th and was super excited about it...

She slept through customs and most of the flight from San Francisco to Chicago. One tiny meltdown. But by that point, I was ready to meltdown too.
I think by the time we made it to Louisville, Kenny and I had slept a total of 3 hours combined since we left China. I told him at one point I didn't know if I could even walk all the way to baggage claim carrying her; I was just that exhausted. Which was really bad because I knew what was waiting there for us.
The thought of just laying down on one of those seats in the terminal and taking a nap seriously crossed my mind. How ticked off would y'all have been if I had stopped to take a nap at that point??
I haven't gotten any of the airport pics yet, but as with the boys, you guys didn't disappoint and we were greeted by many smiling faces even though it was after 10pm on the 4th of July! And the best...the smiling faces of my two boys who I think grew a foot each while we were gone!!!!

American flags, Alabama football, our monkeys and my whole family together again......I couldn't have asked for any more...
Except for a few hours of sleep!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
2 comments:
Such a sweet face! So excited for y'all!
Jana and Kenny, We are so happy for you all. Had a great visit with your mom and dad and loved having those boys while ya`ll were away. She is precious and may God bless you all.
Post a Comment