Sunday, May 19, 2013

Momma's Boy

The boys have been home almost 4 years.  Coming up in August.

And as cliche as it sounds, it's hard to remember life without them around.  And at the same time doesn't seem like it's been 4 years at all. 

We've seem tremendous growth in both of them over the course of time, but the thing I've enjoyed the most is Sam turning into a total Momma's boy over the last year. 

He needs to be where I am, know what I'm doing, see what I've got going on all the time.  I've cooked dinner with him wrapped around my waist, done paperwork with him sitting in my lap and pooped with him laying outside the bathroom door....too much information??  Occasionally I have to banish him to the basement playroom to have an adult conversation...



He also worries me the most.

I know he is head over heels in love with his little sister who he hasn't even met.  But he's also currently getting more than half of mommy's attention.  (Charlie's not quite so needy.  He's also a 10-year-old boy.  Who thinks he knows everything.  News flash...  He doesn't.)

His tiny world will most definitely be turned upside down when we bring home his little sister.  Although the first hurdle I'm worried about is leaving him here while we are in China.  I'm hoping the ability to Facetime and Skype with the boys will help, but I preparing myself for tears.

From both of us.

He loves to watch the video of Ellie Kate and imitate everything she is doing...





Although I can imagine her smacking him if he keeps that up once she gets home.

We spent a half hour yesterday looking through our American Sign Language dictionary because he was convinced she was signing something to him in this picture...



Turns out she is saying "beard".

Probably not really.  But he was satisfied with that answer.

Just pray for his little heart.  Pray he knows his status as Momma's boy doesn't change.  Pray for his little heart to understand when Mommy needs to spend more time with baby sister.  Pray he will continue to love his little sister even when she is competing for attention that used to be his.

And pray that Kenny and I will both be intentional about making sure we are giving him quality attention and time.

Things are about to change around here. 

But I'm soooo ready for it!

No comments: