The boys are both playing basketball at a local church close
to us this winter. Charlie has several
season of b-ball under his belt. But
Sam…oh, Sam. This is his first
season.
And a quite humorous season at that. It’s just funny to watch kindergarteners do
anything, but to watch them try to play an organized team sport takes it to
whole other level of funny.
Sam’s the tallest on his team. Which isn’t hard to do when you are 5 and the
size of a small 4th grader.
But we are fighting against the stigma that being brown and
being tall makes you a NBA all-star.
It just makes you cute.
I’d say defense is his strong suite. That and funny faces.
Although a little timid on the rebounding though. He employs the duck and run strategy.
Still working on our dribbling. If you are a fan of The Office, you’ll
appreciate the fact that he has the Stanley
dribbling technique mastered. Complete
with his non-dominant hand behind him in the air. I chuckle out loud even as I look at this
picture.
Hey Sam! You awake?
“Oh yeah, Mommy! I
forgot!”
Sam’s cheering section was a tad bit pre-occupied.
Charlie is one of the tallest on his team too.
He is always on the run.
I’ll give him plenty of credit for hustling.
“Back off, bud! This
is my ball!”
Learning the art of the free throw.
Getting a little advice from Daddy during halftime. Although, if I know these two, they are
probably talking about what we’re gonna eat for lunch.
“Go ahead. I dare you
to try to take that shot.”
They are having great seasons and are learning a lot, but
I’m ready for some outdoor sports. With
warm weather included, of course.
Next up…soccer.
No comments:
Post a Comment