Sunday, August 12, 2012

I'm tired.

We are still here.

For all three and half avid blog readers, my sincerest apologies.  Life has been nothing short of...well, life.  Just more chaotic than normal.

Sam had strep throat.  Yuck.  And in almost 3 years, this it the first time that either of them have really been sick.  Other than just allergy stuff.  Oh, you don't feel bad for me?  Well, I wouldn't either, except I was puked on multiple times and had to share a bed with a little boy who turns into a samurai ninja in his sleep.  It's ok.  Even though I don't wish feeling like that on anyone, I cherished the time that my always-in-motion little guy wanted to only sit in Mommy's lap.  Even though I knew he was likely to yak on both of us.

Kid's Camp.  Who doesn't want to spend 3 days with 110 kids?  (Well, 46 hours if you really get technical...which somewhere around the 24 hour mark, you start counting the hours...) Bazooka ball, bloody noses, the blob, corn dogs, ziplining, smores, bee stings, worship, Organized Mass Chaos, worship and sweaty, stinky, loud kids.  Nope, I have no idea why anyone wouldn't rush off to join that train.  And this was Charlie's first year to go, so I had to try to refrain from being too much the Mommy and asking him if he had brushed his teeth and had underwear on.  Usually I got at least one "Ummm, no..." from that line of questioning.  Gross.

Adoption stuff.  We have had one of our homestudy appointments, but we still have to have one more.  And it had to be rescheduled due to strep throat.  So that's next week.  And training and paperwork and training and paperwork and spreadsheets making sure I'm keeping up with all the paperwork...you get the point. 

Church planting.  We had our launch Sunday last week at Redemption Hill and it went great, but the details still loom.  Baby wipes, curriculum, sippy cups, goldfish, closets to organize, doors to paint, loving on my preschoolers that are still getting used to a new environment.  I'm beginning to think having a building is more work than having a trailer...but if it will allow us to better serve and reach our community, I just need to suck it up, right??

Fun things.  In the super business of this summer, I've still tried to throw a few half-way entertaining things in there for my boys.  Saturday nights have become homemade pizza and movie night.  We have been to Alabama and the lake.  We've gone to the Newport Aquarium and ridden the train at the Kentucky Railway Museum.  We've perused Walmart's toy aisles (which for some reason tops on their fun things to do lists) and gone swimming.  And spent a ton of time perfecting our Lego creations and playing Phase Ten.

Working on a top secret project.  I was going to tell you about it, but if I do, you have no reason to keep coming back!  Just take my word for it when I say the research is being done, phone calls are being made and a plan is in the works....

Getting ready for school.  School supply shopping, uniform shopping, meeting teachers, etc.  I'm about to have a kindergartner and a 3rd grader.  And the other night during Parent Preview Night at the school, I was totally caught off guard and realized that I might cry when I drop Sam off for his first day of school.  I wasn't planning on that, hadn't really even thought about it, but the reality is, I just haven't had him long enough for him to have a "first day of school".  Let's just hope we can hold it all together.  Well, me.  I'm not worried about him.

Watching the Olympics.  Who hasn't been doing that?  Whether you're a sports fan or not, it's pretty much the consuming news topic these days.  And when you have 3 countries to cheer for, it makes it all the more fun!

Keeping all those student ministers in line.  I'm still doing my part-time job at Highview, which means gearing up for all those student events that happen in the fall.

I've got about 14 half-written blog posts that I have good intentions of finishing. 

Someday.

This will have to do for now.

More later. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh - you have more than 3-1/2 people who ready your blog - are you counting Julio as 1/2? :) We love your blog - it's sad that's how we keep up with you all sometimes.