We've been talking lots about our new baby sister, mostly in an effort to get the boys totally used to the idea, before there is another little person wandering around here snatching their toys and adding to the noise level.
I was fairly certain we had made it clear that this process would take a while.
But I guess Sam missed that memo.
While getting in the car the other day after school, he opened the door, threw out his little hands and exclaimed with a tone of complete disbelief..."Mommy! Where is my baby sister??"
"Ummm, not here..." I'm a bit confused. Does he think I went to Korea while he was at school?
"Well, where did you put her??"
"She's in South Korea, I guess, buddy."
"Why did you put here there??!!"
"Well, it's kinda like you guys...y'all used to live in Ethiopia, but now you live in Kentucky." Obviously struggling to explain adoption on a 4-year-old level...
"But Mommy, why did you put me in Ethiopia?? I need to live with you!"
OK, so I agree with that. I need him to live with me, too. At least until he is 35.
He continued to tell me he really thought his baby sister was gonna be in the car when he got done with preschool for the day. In a really pitiful-why-would-you-do-this-to-me kinda voice. Sad.
One day soon, buddy.
One day soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment